Amazon Food Production Associate - Kitchen - Renton, WA
Pay Rate: $18.55/hr
Hours: Full Time: 30-40 hours per week and Part Time: 20-29 hours per week
Full Time Availability: You must have open availability to be scheduled up to 5 shifts per week, including weekends, between the hours of 6am-8pm (shifts will vary).
Part Time Availability: You must have open availability to be scheduled up to 3 shifts per week, including weekends, between the hours of 6am-8pm (shifts will vary).
Pay starts at $18.55 per hour with benefits available
Who are we?
Amazon Kitchen is looking for somebody with your enthusiasm and skills to work as part of our team in a food manufacturing environment, to make prepared food. We produce Amazon branded fresh food such as salads, sandwiches and fresh cut produce. Our facility is a state-of- the-art manufacturing environment that places a high degree of focus on food safety and quality. We are a fast-paced team that is constantly evolving to meet the needs of our stores and customers.
Who are you?
As a Food Production Associate, you will work in our food manufacturing facility to produce delicious, fresh-prepared packaged food items for customers across Amazon’s grocery businesses. You will be a vital part of the manufacturing team and take great pride in maintaining a safe & clean environment. You will contribute to a successful team culture by being a strong worker, able to move quickly and jump in on tasks when asked to help. You possess strong attention to detail, the ability to quickly prioritize tasks, are a team player, and always stay motivated even when doing repetitive tasks. You are comfortable working in a refrigerated environment and being on your feet for up to 10-hour shifts. You are excited to work in one of our roles which might include: dishwashing, food preparation, food assembly, labeling and picking orders for shipment.
- You will be part of a team making fresh prepared food such as salads, sandwiches, and fresh sliced produce.
- Complete daily operational tasks in an assigned role which may include:
· Dishwashing - Ensure all dirty dishes are washed, and clean dishes are correctly stored.
· Food Preparation - Work with a team to prepare ingredients, including baking, cutting, peeling, mixing, and portioning.
· Food Assembly - Work on an assembly line with a team to assemble and package food such as salads and sandwiches by following a recipe guide.
· Labeling - Apply final labels to finished products.
· Shipping Order Picking - Pick and pack orders based on a PO for outbound delivery to stores.
- Use tablets to complete inventory transactions
- Use some semi-automated equipment including conveyor belts; dish washers; mixers, slicers and peelers.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work space
- Adhere to high level of food safety and quality standards
- Work a schedule that may last up to 8-10 hours between 6am-midnight that will include weekends, and some holidays.
- Ability to lift up to 49 pounds, stand/walk in a cold refrigerated environment – 37 degrees F (cold gear will be provided) for shifts lasting up to 10 hours, and able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend and reach, all with or without reasonable accommodation
- Work with or be exposed to a wide range of food products including but not limited to
poultry, pork, beef, seafood, nuts, egg, dairy, soy, grains, bread, etc.
- Possess and/or be able to obtain a Washington State Food Handlers permit with the ability to keep the permit up to date.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Previous experience working in food manufacturing facility
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity
employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit