Amazon Fresh Grocery Associate - Chevy Chase, MD
Position Type: Currently hiring part-time (20-29 hours per week)
Work Address: 8525 Chevy Chase Lake Terrace, Chevy Chase, MD, 20815
Pay Rate: $17.50 per hour
- Part-time: Shift availability required 3 days per week, including Saturday and Sunday
- Shifts are between 4 a.m. and 12 a.m. and may be up to 8 hours long
As an Amazon Fresh Grocery Associate, your primary responsibility is to deliver an extraordinary grocery shopping experience for our customers. We’re seeking individuals who have a passion for customer service, a desire to continuously learn, and are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. Your daily tasks will vary based on store needs, but some of your responsibilities may include:
- Customer Engagement: Greet customers, engage in friendly conversations, and ask about their shopping needs
- Product Knowledge: Offer customers product recommendations and provide information to help them make product-related decisions
- Checkout Operations: Use cash register to ring up customer transactions and assist customers in self-service checkout lanes
- Return Processing: Receive and process in-store and Amazon.com returns
- Fresh Food Preparation: Prepare fresh food items such as cold salads, pizzas, rotisserie chickens, and sandwiches
- Store Presentation: Stock shelves and produce, set up merchandise displays, and maintain a cleanly sales floor
- Inventory Management: Unload product deliveries and organize stockroom
- Order Fulfillment: Pick items to fulfill customer grocery orders for pickup and delivery
Eligible employees have access to the following benefits on the first day of employment.
- Healthcare (medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs)
- Financial benefits including 401(k) and life insurance
- Wage paid weekly with access to receive up to 75% of your pay at any time
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Employee discounts
- Employee Assistance Program and resources to support health & well-being
- On-the-job training and skills development
- Tuition assistance to help you meet your educational goals
- Access to employee affinity groups including Asians at Amazon, Black Employee Network, Families at Amazon, Glamazon, Latinos at Amazon, Warriors at Amazon, Women at Amazon, and more.
Visit hiring.amazon.com/why-amazon/benefits#/ to learn more about Amazon benefits and culture.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a high school or equivalent diploma
- 1+ year of customer service experience
- Must be able to lift up to 49 lbs
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for duration of shift (up to 8 hours)
About Amazon Fresh
Amazon Fresh grocery stores are a one-stop shop where customers can find friendly service, great value, and ultimate convenience. We offer a wide selection of national brands, fresh foods, and high-quality produce, meat, and seafood at unbeatable prices. Our innovative in-store technology makes shopping more convenient by enabling customers to skip the checkout line and effortlessly navigate our aisles.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
We encourage applications from candidates who are returning to the workforce, have military experience, are seniors, or do not have a college degree.
Note: This job description provides a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not an exhaustive list. Duties may differ based on business conditions, or departmental or geographic location.
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $15.50 /hr in our lowest geographic market, up to $21.75 /hr in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors, including market location, and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.