Amazon Style Retail Lead - Columbus, OH ($3,000 Sign-on Bonus)
Type: Reduced Full Time – 30-39 hours per week
Pay rate: $16.50 per hour
Sign-on bonus: $3,000
$3,000 Sign-on Payment Terms:
- Employees must be employed at the time of the payout
- Payout will occur in 3 installments; $1,000 payable after 5 weeks, $1,000 after 10 weeks, and $1,000 after 15 weeks
- Payments are only applicable to specific role type
- Both external hires and internal transfers are eligible to receive the sign on payment
- Please note, payment processing may take up to 3 weeks once eligibility is met
- This sign on payment expires on 10/11/2022
- Additional terms and conditions may apply
Pay starts at $16.50 per hour with benefits available
About the Team
Join our Amazon Stores team and play a key role in helping customers having a unique store shopping experience. If you want to join a fast-paced, innovative and diverse team, that is making history and breaking new ground for Amazon, this is the place for you.
About the Role
We are looking for a Zone Lead who can bring Amazon’s customer obsession to life in a retail environment. You will assist the manager with store operations, maintain a key to the store and have floor leader responsibilities. You will play a vital role in modeling expectations for store employees and contribute to a strong culture based on customer obsession, trust, respect, continuous learning, and fun.
In this role, you will:
- Interact with customers by effectively using customer engagement strategies, and role model desired behavior for the rest of the team.
- Provide ongoing training to others, and assist manager in identifying training needs.
- Maintain a key to the store, and open and close the store following the proper procedures.
- Support floor leader responsibilities including providing peer-to-peer feedback on processes and standards, serving as the escalation point to assist associate peers in solving customer issues.
- Support supervisory tasks such as scheduling, payroll management, timesheet verification, and time and attendance.
- Participate in store employee onboarding and in hiring interviews as required.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of the customer experience and store operations by participating in the development of best practices and continuous product knowledge.
- Assist manager with operational functions, including merchandising, safety, reporting, supply orders, adjust labor allocation to meet and exceed plans and forecasts.
- Adjust labor allocation throughout your shifts to meet and exceed plans and forecasts.
- Ensure that customer orders are fulfilled in line with quality and safety guidelines.
- Help identify and communicate barriers and trends that contribute to the customer and employee experience, and support the manager in building a strong store culture.
- Monitor and mentor associates on productivity, quality and safety.
- Work with manager to maintain the physical safety of the merchandise and the store.
- Work in a fast changing and ambiguous environment.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Be flexible with changing workload and for working in changing shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Be comfortable working in a physical environment. You can lift up to 49 pounds and stand and walk during shifts lasting up to 10 hours.
Candidates must be at least 18 years of age. Amazon does not sponsor for immigration for this role.
- High school diploma or equivalent diploma.
- 3+ years of experience in retail or customer-facing environment, or 1+ years of Amazon experience.
- 1+ year of experience of floor leader or other leadership capacity, or 1+ years previous Amazon experience.
- Experience managing inventory in warehousing, retail or distribution setting.
- Proficient with computers and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Strong verbal communication and customer service skills.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Prior experience in training others.
- Previous experience in providing peer-to-peer feedback.
- Demonstrated success in problem solving and delivering results.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.