Amazon Style Backroom Associate - Columbus, OH (Seasonal)
Type: Reduced-Time (30-39 hours per week) and Part-Time (20-29 hours per week). This is a seasonal position projected to run through 1/15/2023
Location: 3985 Gramercy Street, Columbus, OH 43291
Amazon Style is Amazon’s first-ever physical store featuring men’s and women’s clothing, shoes, and accessories.
Amazon is ranked among the best workplaces in the world for several reasons. Every day we strive to be Earth’s Best Employer and most customer centric company. Because of this, Style Associates strive to create an easy and friendly shopping experience, acting as a guide along a customer’s shopping adventure. If you have a passion for putting a smile on someone’s face and want to be part of a tech-forward unique shopping experience, this is the job for you!
As a Backroom Associate, you get to delight customers by processing and organizing inventory, ensuring customers can browse products seamlessly! Some responsibilities may include:
- Receive, stock, and replenish product.
- Utilize inventory management systems to scan, process, and count product.
- Use carts, dollies, hand trucks, and other gear to move product around.
- Candidates must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to lift up to 49 lbs.
- Shifts can be up to 10 hours, requiring associates to and stand, walk, push, pull, squat, bend, and reach for the duration of their shift.
- Dependent on role, most associates must be able to work flexible hours including, weekends and holidays
Why You'll Love Amazon:
Many of our jobs come with great benefits – including healthcare, parental leave, ways to save for the future, and opportunities for career advancement – all in a safe and inclusive environment ranked among the best workplaces in the world. Some offerings are dependent upon the role, work schedule, or location, and can include the following:
- Competitive wage paid weekly, with overtime for more than 40 hours
- Healthcare (medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs)
- Medical Advice Line
- Network of Support (health & well-being on and off the job)
- Adoption Assistance
- Maternity and Parental Leave
- 401(k) savings plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Holiday pay opportunities
- Employee discounts
- Basic life insurance
- AD&D insurance
- Company-paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- On-the-job training and skills development
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fully Funded Opportunities: Up to an annual maximum benefit, Amazon will pre-pay 100% of tuition for employees to pursue everything from bachelor’s degrees to certificates.
Learn more about Amazon Benefits and Culture
Note: The above job description describes the essential responsibilities for the position and is not a complete list of all required duties. As need shifts throughout the store, associates could be asked to cross train for other departments.
- High school or equivalent diploma.
- 1+ year experience in a warehouse or distribution center.
- Prior experience working within Amazon Stores.
- Demonstrated success in problem solving and delivering results.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.