Amazon Fresh Grocery Associate Flexible- Manassas, VA
Type: Flexible (between 4-20 hours/week)
Pay Rate: $15.75 per hour
Work Address: 7807 Sudley Rd, Manassas, VA 20109
Amazon Fresh is a new grocery store offering a seamless grocery shopping experience. Customers will find a wide assortment of national brands and high-quality produce, meat, and seafood. Our culinary team offers customers a range of delicious prepared foods made fresh in store, every day. Amazon Fresh stores use cutting edge technology to make grocery shopping more convenient for customers, including the Amazon Dash Cart and Just Walk Out technology, allowing customers to skip the checkout line.
Amazon is ranked among the best workplaces in the world for several reasons. Every day we strive to be Earth’s Best Employer and most customer centric company. Because of this, Fresh Associates strive to create an easy and friendly shopping experience, acting as a guide along a customer’s grocery shopping adventure. If you have a passion for putting a smile on someone’s face and want to be part of a tech-forward unique grocery experience, this is the job for you!
As a Grocery Associate, you get to delight customers by providing friendly, fast and energetic service! Some responsibilities may include:
- Operating the cash register in a fun, efficient and trustworthy manner
- Delighting customers by answering questions and offering up recommendations
- Keeping shelves stocked and maintaining inventory, ensuring the customer has the best shopping experience possible
- Candidates must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to lift up to 49 lbs.
- Shifts can be up to 10 hours, requiring associates to be on their feet for the duration of their shift.
- Flexible Associates can work 4-20 hours per week that could range between day and evening hours.
Why You'll Love Amazon
Many of our jobs come with great benefits – including healthcare, parental leave, ways to save for the future, and opportunities for career advancement – all in a safe and inclusive environment ranked among the best workplaces in the world. Some offerings are dependent upon the role, work schedule, or location, and can include the following:
- Competitive wage paid weekly, with overtime for more than 40 hours
- Healthcare (medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs)
- Medical Advice Line
- Network of Support (health & well-being on and off the job)
- Adoption Assistance
- Maternity and Parental Leave
- 401(k) savings plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Holiday pay opportunities
- Employee discounts
- Basic life insurance
- AD&D insurance
- Company-paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- On-the-job training and skills development
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fully Funded Opportunities: Up to an annual maximum benefit, Amazon will pre-pay 100% of tuition for employees to pursue everything from bachelor’s degrees to certificates.
Learn more about Amazon Benefits and Culture
Note: The above job description describes the essential responsibilities for the position and is not a complete list of all required duties. As need shifts throughout the store, associates could be asked to cross train for other departments.
- High school or equivalent diploma
- 1+ year of customer service experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.