Amazon Fresh Produce Associate - North Hollywood, CA
Pay Rate: $16.65/hr
Work Address: 5101 Lankershim Blvd, North Hollywood, CA 91601
Position Type: This posting is hiring Day Time roles. Full-Time (30 or more hours per week) and Part-Time (20-29 hours per week). Daytime roles -shifts between 4am and 11pm.
If interested in Overnight or Flex roles please apply on the job posting with Overnight or Flex in the job title.
Amazon Fresh is a new grocery store offering a seamless grocery shopping experience. Customers will find a wide assortment of national brands and high-quality produce, meat, and seafood. Our culinary team offers customers a range of delicious prepared foods made fresh in store, every day. Amazon Fresh stores use cutting edge technology to make grocery shopping more convenient for customers, including the Amazon Dash Cart and Just Walk Out technology, allowing customers to skip the checkout line.
Amazon is ranked among the best workplaces in the world for several reasons. Every day we strive to be Earth’s Best Employer and most customer centric company. Because of this, Fresh Associates strive to create an easy and friendly shopping experience, acting as a guide along a customer’s grocery shopping adventure. If you have a passion for putting a smile on someone’s face and want to be part of a tech-forward unique grocery experience, this is the job for you!
As a Produce Associate, you get to delight customers by providing a WOW experience in our Produce Department! Some responsibilities may include:
- Ensures a fresh and appealing produce display by keeping it stocked with quality products.
- Provides excellent service to customers by answering general questions, providing recommendations.
- Monitors and replenishes displays regularly to prevent spoilage or expired products
- Maintains a clean and sanitary working and shopping environment
- Candidates must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to lift up to 49 lbs.
- Shifts can be up to 10 hours, requiring associates to be on their feet for the duration of their shift.
- Full availability required between the hours of 4AM-11PM; Shifts will be up to 8 hours long, sometime between 4AM and 11PM. Shifts will not span the entire 4AM-11PM time frame.
- Overnight- Full availability required between 10PM-6:30AM
Why You'll Love Amazon
Many of our jobs come with great benefits – including healthcare, parental leave, ways to save for the future, and opportunities for career advancement – all in a safe and inclusive environment ranked among the best workplaces in the world. Some offerings are dependent upon the role, work schedule, or location, and can include the following:
- Competitive wage paid weekly, with overtime for more than 40 hours
- Healthcare (medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs)
- Medical Advice Line
- Network of Support (health & well-being on and off the job)
- Adoption Assistance
- Maternity and Parental Leave
- 401(k) savings plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Holiday pay opportunities
- Employee discounts
- Basic life insurance
- AD&D insurance
- Company-paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- On-the-job training and skills development
- Employee Assistance Program
- Funded Opportunities: Up to an annual maximum benefit, Amazon will pre-pay 100% of tuition for employees to pursue everything from bachelor’s degrees to certificates.
Learn more about Amazon Benefits and Culture
Note: The above job description describes the essential responsibilities for the position and is not a complete list of all required duties. As need shifts throughout the store, associates could be asked to cross train for other departments.
- High school or equivalent diploma
- 1+ year of customer service experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.