Go Retail Associate - Mill Creek, WA
Pay Rate: $19.25/hr
Work Address: 13209 39th Ave SE, Mill Creek, WA 98012
Position Type: This posting is hiring both Full-Time (30 or more hours per week) and Part-Time (20-29 hours per week)
Who are we?
Amazon Go is a new kind of store with no checkout required. We created the world’s most advanced shopping technology so you never have to wait in line. With our Just Walk Out Shopping experience, simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take the products you want, and go! No lines, no checkout. (No, seriously.)
At Amazon Go we offer a curated selection of delicious ready-to-eat breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snack options made by our chefs and favorite local kitchens and bakeries. Our selection of grocery essentials ranges from staples like bread and milk to artisan cheeses and locally made chocolates. We also feature a made to order counter where we prepare freshly made sandwiches, wraps, and salads!
Who are you?
As a Retail Associate, you will be the face of Amazon and contribute to a vibrant store culture based on customer obsession, trust, respect, integrity, continuous learning, and fun. You adhere to and maintain regular and punctual attendance, safety and quality standards and follow standard processes while identifying opportunities for improvement. You are flexible while working in an ambiguous environment with strong attention to detail, possess the ability to quickly prioritize tasks, multi-task, have a willingness and enjoy to learn new things, and a commitment to delighting our customers.
What You Do:
- Deliver excellent customer service acting with a customer-first mindset when answering customer questions
- Receive, stock, and replenish product
- Utilize inventory management systems to scan, process, and count product
- Perform basic calculations including addition and subtraction
Identify and communicate barriers to completing assigned tasks
- Keep the store as clean and beautiful as it was on Day 1 including sweeping and resetting shelves
- Complete Amazon online returns
- Perform additional duties as assigned and ability to work in environments with varying temperatures
In addition to:
- Be responsible for prepping, packaging, and labeling food products of varying temperatures
- Ingredient prep for made to order food
- Making of sandwiches, wraps, salads, and burritos
- Reheating of hot food items such as hot popcorn chicken, pizza, burritos, and breakfast sandwiches
- Use of machinery including but not limited to deli slicer, cucumber slicer, lemon wedge slicer, and sharp knives
- Cleaning of kitchen utensils, use of a three-compartment sink, and dishwasher
- Must be able to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays
- Part time availability (20-29 hours) requires 3 days of availability including both weekend days with shifts ranging up to 8 hours per day, scheduled anytime between 5am-11pm
- Reduced time availability (30-39 hours) requires 5 days of availability, including both weekend days, with shifts ranging up to 8 hours per day, scheduled anytime between 5am – 11pm.
- High School or equivalent diploma
- Candidates must be at least 18 years of age
- Ability to lift up to 49 pounds
- Has or must be able to obtain Food Handler’s Certification
- Amazon does not sponsor for immigration, including for H-1B, TN, and other non-immigrant visas, for this role.
- Demonstrated positive work attitude and leadership skills
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Retail experience
- Food handling experience
To learn more about Amazon Go, check us out at amazon.com/go.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $15.25 /hr in our lowest geographic market, up to $21.50 /hr in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors, including market location, and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.