Amazon Go Lead Retail Associate- Seattle, WA (Reduced Full-Time)
- This role will require open availability between the hours of 5am-10pm Mon-Fri.
- Candidates must be available for Open, Mid, and Closing shifts
- Reduced Full-Time - Average work between 30-39 hrs per week
Multiple Store Location Available***
Pay starts at $21.40 per hour with benefits available
Who are we?
Amazon Go is a new kind of store with no checkout required. We created the world’s most advanced shopping technology so you never have to wait in line. With our Just Walk Out Shopping experience, simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take the products you want, and go! No lines, no checkout. (No, seriously.)
At Amazon Go we offer a curated selection of delicious ready-to-eat breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snack options made by our chefs and favorite local kitchens and bakeries. Our selection of grocery essentials ranges from staples like bread and milk to artisan cheeses and locally made chocolates.
Who are you?
As a Lead Associate, you will be the face of Amazon and contribute to a vibrant store culture based on customer obsession, trust, respect, integrity, continuous learning, and fun. You possess strong attention to detail, the ability to quickly prioritize tasks, willingness to learn new things, and a commitment to delighting our customers. You will assist the manager with store operations, maintain a key to the store and have floor leader responsibilities.
What You Do:
- Be an expert in interacting with customers by effectively using customer engagement strategies and model desired behavior for the rest of the team.
- Provide ongoing training in areas including product knowledge, product quality training, and store operations, and assist manager in identifying training needs.
- Maintain a key to the store and open and close the store following the proper procedures.
- Support floor leader responsibilities including providing peer-to-peer feedback on processes and standards, serving as the escalation point to assist associate peers in solving customer issues where appropriate, training, deploying labor, and ensuring the team takes required breaks and lunches.
- Support supervisory tasks such as scheduling, payroll management, timesheet verification, and time and attendance.
- Participate in associate onboarding and in associate interviews as required.
- Ensure consistent execution of inventory workflow processes, guiding associates as needed including receiving, stocking and replenishing product.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of the customer experience and store operations by participating in the development of best practices and continuous product knowledge.
- Utilize inventory management systems to scan, process, and count product.
- Be responsible for ensuring store and all surfaces are kept clean at all times.
- Help identify and communicate barriers and trends that contribute to the customer and associate experience and support the manager in building a strong store culture.
- Work with a manager to maintain the physical safety and high quality standards of the store.
- Work in a fast changing and ambiguous environment.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays
- You have the ability to lift up to 49 pounds and be on your feet for a shift, up to 10 hours at a time with or without reasonable accommodation
- Able to obtain local food handling certification where required
Candidates must be at least 18 years of age. Amazon does not sponsor for immigration, including for H-1B, TN, and other non-immigrant visas, for this role.
- High school diploma or equivalent diploma
- 3+ years of experience in retail or customer facing environment, or 1+ years of Amazon experience
- 1+ year experience of floor leader or other leadership capacity, or 1+ years previous Amazon experience
- Prior experience working in Amazon Physical Stores
- Experience managing inventory in a retail or distribution setting
- Proficient with computers and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Prior experience in training others
- Strong verbal communication and customer service skills
- Previous experience in providing peer-to-peer feedback
- Demonstrated success in problem solving and delivering results
To learn more about Amazon Go, check us out at amazon.com/go.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.