Warehouse Clerk - Amazon Kitchen (Second-Shift) (Full-Time) Renton, WA
Please read details before applying:
- Hourly Pay Rate $22
- Candidates must have open availability 7 days a week during shift hours below
- Full-time- Average work week 30-40 hours
- 8 hour- 5 day work week
- Operation hours - 10:30AM - 8:00PM
Who are we?
Amazon Kitchen is looking for somebody with your enthusiasm and skills to work as part of our team in a food manufacturing environment, to make prepared food. We produce Amazon branded fresh food such as salads, sandwiches and fresh cut produce. Our facility is a state of the art manufacturing environment that places a high degree of focus on food safety and quality. We are a fast-paced team that is constantly evolving to meet the needs of our stores and customers.
Who are you?
As a Warehouse Clerk, you will work in our food manufacturing facility to support the production of delicious, fresh-prepared packaged food items for customers across Amazon’s grocery businesses. You have the ability to be a vital part of the manufacturing team and take great pride in maintaining a safe & clean environment. You will work in our refrigerated low care warehouse environment with inbound and outbound materials. Throughout the day you might help with receiving deliveries, bringing them into inventory and storing them in our warehouse using PIT equipment; picking orders for outbound shipping; taking inventory of the facility and transferring products from the warehouse into the production side of the facility. You will have access to the production software system, and need to have a strong degree of comfort using computers, tablets and a variety of software. You have a nice balance between being able to see the big picture while also being able to deep dive and find the root cause of problems. You are always looking for ways to help and are happy to jump in to help colleagues with any task to get the job done.
- Shipping orders and ensuring that accurate products and quantity are sent to each customer.
- Receiving materials and assessing products to ensure they meet quality and food safety requirements.
- Transfers materials from the warehouse into production areas and ensuring production has the resources needed to meet 100% fill rate of orders.
- Ability to make judgement calls and troubleshoot technical problems with the warehouse materials software system on a tablet or computer without the oversite of a manager.
- Ensures all tasks in their area of purview are completed for the day and any shorts or issues are communicated through the proper channels.
- Act as the Leader on Duty as needed
- Complete cycle counts of facility inventory, ensuring that physical and virtual inventory is matching and conduct deep dives into the root cause for the any mismatches found.
- Maintain and monitor proper food safety at all times.
- Possess and/or be able to obtain a Washington State Food Handlers permit.
- Must be able to stand on your feet during shifts lasting up to 10 hours
- Ability to lift up to 49 pounds, stand/walk for shifts lasting up to 10 hours, and able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend and reach, all with or without reasonable accommodation
- Ability to work in a cold refrigerated environment of 37 degrees for 10 hour shifts (cold gear will be provided)
- Ability to work with or be exposed to a wide range of food products including but not limited to poultry, pork, beef, seafood, nuts, egg, dairy, soy, grains, bread, etc.
- Ability to operate Power Industrial Truck (PIT) equipment (training will be provided).
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- At least 1 year experience troubleshooting inventory issues and adjusting inventory levels for accuracy.
- At least 1 year experience making judgement calls in ambiguous situations that have a potential to have a large financial impact.
- Previous experience working in a warehouse
- Previous experience working food manufacturing
Why You'll Love Amazon
Our jobs come with great benefits – including healthcare, parental leave, ways to save for the future, and opportunities for career advancement – all in a safe and inclusive environment ranked among the best workplaces in the world. Some offerings are dependent upon the role, work schedule, or location, and can include the following:
Competitive wage paid weekly, with overtime for more than 40 hours
Healthcare (medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs)
Medical Advice Line
Network of Support (health & well-being on and off the job)
Maternity and Parental Leave
401(k) savings plan
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Holiday pay opportunities
Basic life insurance
Company-paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
On-the-job training and skills development
Employee Assistance Program
College tuition reimbursement
Learn more about Amazon Benefits and Culture
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.