ICQA Runner - Amazon Kitchen (Full-Time) Renton, WA
Please read details before applying:
- Hourly Pay Rate $22.25
- Candidates must have open availability 7 days a week during shift hours below
- Full-time- Average work week 30-40 hours
- 8 hour- 5 day work week
- Operation hours - 6:00AM - 3:30PM
Who are we?
Amazon Kitchen is looking for somebody with your enthusiasm and skills to work as part of our team in a food manufacturing environment, to make prepared food. We produce Amazon branded fresh food such as salads, sandwiches and fresh cut produce. Our facility is a state of the art manufacturing environment that places a high degree of focus on food safety and quality. We are a fast-paced team that is constantly evolving to meet the needs of our stores and customers.
Who are you?
As a Food Production Inventory Control Quality Assurance (ICQA) Runner, you will work in our food manufacturing facility to support the production of delicious, fresh-prepared packaged food items for customers across Amazon’s grocery businesses. You are able to be a vital part of the manufacturing team and take great pride in maintaining a safe & clean environment. You have strong attention to detail, and are good with math and calculations. You will have access to the manufacturing software system, and will need to have a strong degree of comfort using computers, tablets and a variety of production software including the ability to troubleshoot simple problems with associates. You are a natural leader and you are able to deep dive and find the root cause of problems. You are always looking for ways to help and are happy to jump in to help associates with any task to get the job done. You have fantastic written and verbal communication.
- Overseeing processes in either of the following business critical areas of the facility: WIP room or Line Runner.
- Measuring and portioning ingredients for final assembly kits. Complete kits for the current day, stage kits for the following day. Oversee inventory, constantly ensuring accuracy.
- Line Runner
- Oversee and coordinate all resources on an assembly line. You are constantly attentive to the needs of a line including:
- Virtual Booking- Completing the technical food safety steps to ensure materials are tracked and virtually assigned to the line
- Line Set Up- Setting up the line to ensure the correct type and quantity of material is on the line; while line is moving constantly checking on workers and materials to ensure ingredients don’t run out.
- Team Collaboration- Partner with the manager or area lead to align on a daily game plan to ensure they meet 100% fill rate and all inventory is accurate.
- Auditing product quality- constantly checking product quality to ensure we are producing to our high standards for our customers.
- Is a subject matter expert for the Enterprise Resource Planning system for their area and can find the root cause of problems using a tablet and or a computer.
- Ensures all tasks in their area of purview are completed for the day and any shorts or issues are communicated through the proper channels.
- Ensure that physical and virtual inventory is matching and conduct random inventory audits of their area throughout the day.
- Maintain and monitor proper food safety at all times including: food storage, sanitation and provide coaching to any associates who are not meeting these standards.
- Possess and/or be able to obtain a Washington State Food Handlers permit.
- Must be able to stand on your feet during shifts lasting up to 10 hours
- Ability to lift up to 49 pounds, stand/walk for shifts lasting up to 10 hours, and able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend and reach, all with or without reasonable accommodation
- Ability to work in a cold refrigerated environment of 37 degrees for up to 10 hour shifts (cold gear will be provided)
- Ability to work with or be exposed to a wide range of food products including but not limited to poultry, pork, beef, seafood, nuts, egg, dairy, soy, grains, bread, etc.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- 2+ year of experience working with computers and tablets in a work environment
- Strong mathematical skills and using a calculator
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience working food manufacturing
Why You'll Love Amazon
Our jobs come with great benefits – including healthcare, parental leave, ways to save for the future, and opportunities for career advancement – all in a safe and inclusive environment ranked among the best workplaces in the world. Some offerings are dependent upon the role, work schedule, or location, and can include the following:
Competitive wage paid weekly, with overtime for more than 40 hours
Healthcare (medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs)
Medical Advice Line
Network of Support (health & well-being on and off the job)
Maternity and Parental Leave
401(k) savings plan
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Holiday pay opportunities
Basic life insurance
Company-paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
On-the-job training and skills development
Employee Assistance Program
College tuition reimbursement
Learn more about Amazon Benefits and Culture
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.